DIY UTP Interconnects

This is my starting point for my first DIY audio cable...
What we have is:
2 x 1,5m CAT5 UTP SolidCore cable
4 RCA Connectors (found cheapskating eBay)
A length of WBT Solder (the one with 4% silver content for TAKING TEH SOUND TO TEH MAXZORZ!!!)

These are the RCA plugs just to let you see what can be had online for next to nothing...

Taking it apart...

The naked truth.

UTP cable stripped...

...and sorted out.

All wired up as they say.

Cable finished, or so I thought...

One last closeup before disaster struck, disaster being that grating little voice in the back of your head saying "You can do better than that my friend, sound may be OK and all, but you know that for TRUE audiophile qualities you will also need KILLER LOOKS!!!
Well, back in the saddle, what to do I thought and then stumbled upon this page on the internet where some guy had put shoelace over his cable.
This put me in a serious dilemma since the shoelaces might very well turn out to be the single most expensive part of this cable, but having tons of money, apparently, I went to the local shoe shop...
-Conversation as follows-
"Hello Sir, how may I help you today?"
"Erm, which shoelaces will make my new interconnects sound their ABSOLUTE BEST?"
"Err, Sir???"
"I NEED A PAIR OF GODDAMN AUDIOPHILE SHOELACES, DAMNIT!"
"Let me go check in the back, Sir... Ahh, here you go Sir, these will absolutely bring out the best in your interconnects. It will be 33DKK." (~4,5 ~6$)
"ARE YOU TRYING TO ROB ME?"
"Sir, you said you wanted the FINEST AUDIOPHILE SHOELACES, these are it, I DO have some less expensive ones, but I will not guarantee about the sound, they may narrow down your soundstage..."
"FINE YOU BLOODSUCKING SCOUNDREL, HERE'S YOUR BLOODY MONEY"
-Conversation finished-
After this pleasant trade, it was back to the mansion...

Desoldering the connectors wasn't quite as funny as soldering them together the first time...
After that the cables were put into the shoelaces and as a nice finish I used heatshrink to keep them in place.

Connector finish, please note the heatshrink has been slightly burned, this was done to get better control in the highs for this one as it seemed a little to soft compared to the other cable.

Finally finished...